The Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting education curriculum proposals for the 2024 show at Indiana Convention Center (May 14 – 16, 2024). Sweets & Snacks is looking for industry experts and thought leaders who can provide unique insights, new research studies, strategies and trends with the show’s attendees of retailers, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and brokers in the confectionery and snack industries.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo provides speakers with a unique opportunity to be in front of more than 16,000 category leaders and retailers. The event welcomes more than 90 percent of the confectionery-buying market and more than 75 percent of the snack-buying market in the U.S.
Speakers at previous Sweets & Snacks Expos included: Circana, Kantar, NielsenIQ, Euromonitor, Numerator, PepsiCo, Mintel, Amazon, Profitero, Instacart, Mars Wrigley, The Hershey Company, Kellogg’s and more.
Benefits to speaking at Sweets & Snacks Expo:
- Two (2) All Access passes to attend the three-day show ($2,200 value per ticket)
- NOTE: all travel expenses are the responsibility of the speaker
- You and your company will be promoted in the show’s marketing efforts, beginning by February 2024
- You’ll have the opportunity to present your education session to industry category leaders, manufacturers and suppliers during Sweets & Snacks Supplier Showcase and attend the Sweets & Snacks Expo – May 14-16 at the Indianapolis Convention Center.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is seeking thought leaders and industry experts to present on the following topics:
Trends, impact on confectionery and snacks categories and how to capitalize on:
- Generational trends/demographic shifts
- Packaging trends
- Flavor trends
- Trends in confectionery
- Trends in snacks
- Multicultural consumers
- Shopping behaviors (online and in-store)
- At retail
- In the shopper experience
- Supply chain
- Traditional channels
- Click and Collect
- Disruption at checkout
- Digital technologies
How to incent unplanned purchases:
- Online – growing the digital basket with candy and snacks
- At check-out
- Last mile
- How to work with influencers
- Successful Influencer collaborations (a requested topic from committee)
- How to turn a social post into a ring at the register
- How to maximize sales (e.g., in-store promotions, social, loyalty programs, etc.) in independent specialty candy stores
- How to leverage product and merchandising innovations to drive sales
- How to maximize seasonal sales with the Big Four and micro-seasons
- How to maximize sales during National Candy Month and other summer promotions
- How to build basket size and foot traffic in specialty stores
- Tools, tips and proven sales successes to build business in specialty candy stores
- Future of candy and snacks in non-traditional channels
- How to do business online
- Other relevant ideas for the confectionery and snacks categories
To submit an idea for consideration, please use the form below that needs to be completed in its entirety. Submit your application by no later than COB on Friday, October 27 to be considered.
Selected speakers will be notified via email by Friday, November 17.
Please note: Presenters must be available to speak from May 14 – 16, 2024 when submitting a proposal. If accepted, the final date and time of presentation will be provided by January 5, 2024. All presenters and panelists are responsible for their own travel, hotel reservations and expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Wylie.
Please be sure to have all the necessary information prepared before completing the form below, as partial entries cannot be saved.